1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVP Pro Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Count Bassie, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    '96 edition. It sounds beautiful! I love this sound. It has a noise issue however, and I also have 2 other amps. I bought a Behringer HD-400 to alleviate the noise issue, and it does. However I've been using an older model Crown XLS-402 power amp, and to run it in 'bridged' mode you have to wire the cables going to inputs 'out of phase'. I think this is complicating things, because other experiences with the amp are very positive- check the thread about a schematic tutorial for this pre here in the forums...

I'm selling mine, and fielding offers at this point. They've sold for $450 here, I'm willing to sell for less than that. It cost me to get it, so I'm not letting 'er go for low-ball offers, especially since I'm pretty sure the noise issue is totally deal-able.

I'm going to use the bread for a micro-head for toting around in my gig-bag, so I'm not into trades... thanks for looking in!