Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg svp-pro with another basshead questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by terraplane, Jan 9, 2003.

1. terraplane

terraplane

Oct 14, 2002
    Italy, Palermo
    I've got a Italian new head, a markbass. All SS, pre and power stage. It's ok, but sometime I want a more...AMPEG sound when I play hard :). I think an svp-pro can do this right, but the problem is: My head, have not a slave input, i can't use the power stage, without the preamp. The constructor of the had say that the markbass preamps are absolutely neutral when the head is used in flat...I think that 2 gain stage is not the optimum...what do you think ? A neutral preamp can be not a problem if I use another preamp, or do you think that I've got to make some change on my head to put the ampeg preamp directly to power section?
    Thank you!
    ANSWER ME!

michele

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Don't you have an effect loop ?
    If you plug your SVP onto the effect in, you will bypass the preamp.

3. terraplane

terraplane

Oct 14, 2002
    Italy, Palermo
    Tue constructor of the head, say that effect loop will not bypass preamp. I was of your idea befor talking with this man. Anyway, thank you ;)
    michele

4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i used mine in conjunction with my hartke 7000. you shouldn't have too much of a problem if you use the direct out (post pre) of the svp to the (active if you have one) input of your amp with everything set flat on your head's pre. i would imagine the preamp-out outputs were too "hot" for the sensitive instrument input of the hartke....

you could also try it in the effects loop as well with everything also set flat... ;)