Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVP-PRO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bassx, Oct 30, 2005.

1. bassx

bassx

Apr 10, 2002
    N FW, TX
    used ampeg svp-pro for sale. used in my live rig for the past 2 years and change, but recently replaced with a 2 channel pre. lived with me the whole time racked with humfrees rack tabs so you'd be hard pressed to find any rash on this baby at all... looks almost mint in fact... played many a show, but you can't tell by looking at her... never experienced any problems during operation.

asking $300 SHIPPED to the lower 48.

moneyorder or paypal preferred.

all tube pre: 4 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AU7, 3 band eq w/ 9 band footswitchagle graphic eq, etc...
    more specs available: HERE
    sounds samples availabe: HERE

here are the pics!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bassist4God770

bassist4God770

Jan 11, 2004
    PM sent.

3. bassx

bassx

Apr 10, 2002
    N FW, TX
    PM replied!

4. bassx

bassx

Apr 10, 2002
    N FW, TX
    i'm starting to think my low price is deterring some prospective buyers! feel free to offer me more than my asking price if you wish... :D

this is a fine preamp, in amazing condition... i am more than happy to field any questions that you may have... just shoot me a PM!

5. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    pm sent

6. bassx

bassx

Apr 10, 2002
    N FW, TX
    PM replied!

7. LoGruvz

LoGruvz

Apr 11, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    What 2 channel pre did you go to?

8. bassx

bassx

Apr 10, 2002
    N FW, TX
    PM sent!

9. bassx

bassx

Apr 10, 2002
    N FW, TX
    give yourself or a loved one the give to rock this holiday season!

this bad boy is still available... if you have any questions, just let me know!

10. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    PM sent!

11. bassx

bassx

Apr 10, 2002
    N FW, TX
    PM replied!

item ON HOLD!

12. bassx

bassx

Apr 10, 2002
    N FW, TX
    post holiday bump... still available, the previous deal fell through... :(

let me hear from ya fellas!

13. bassx

bassx

Apr 10, 2002
    N FW, TX
    on HOLD for LoGruvz!

14. bassx

bassx

Apr 10, 2002
    N FW, TX
    SOLD!

15. LoGruvz

LoGruvz

Apr 11, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    BassX,

Thanx for the smooth transaction and the great piece of gear. Just what my Peavey DPC-1400x needed!!!

16. LoGruvz, thanks for buying this preamp. You beat me to it by a few hours. Thanks to you, I now have a Peavey Classic 400 coming shortly from Tombowlus! I figured as old as this thread was that it was a sure thing. And then I came home from work and it was sold. I figured that I just wasn't mean to own this preamp, and it worked out for me in the end. Enjoy the SVP-PRO they sound great!

17. LoGruvz

LoGruvz

Apr 11, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    There's one on eBay right now for the same deal 300 shipped and it looks mint.

Good luck in your quest!

18. I picked up the same preamp (with new GT and EH tubes) on eBay for $360 last week. I am restricted to those sellers who will post to Australia so for me its a good deal. $300 is obviously even better. The local shop price new is US$1180.... can you believe that?

19. LoGruvz

LoGruvz

Apr 11, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    $360 is still a great deal.

I have had every kind of pre-amp and I am just plain ole hooked on these. I think the problem is they have been around for so long everyone doesn't think much of them but man! 5 tubes in a single space rack with a graphic EQ - just match it up to an amp of your liking and tone heaven away!

I get such a killer tone out of this with my hlf cabs and the Ibanez BTB bass - I get so many compliments on my rig. In fact my guitarist loved it so much he bought the same exact setup I have including the bass just for his studio.

Rock on!

20. LoGruvz, have you had any hiss problems with your SVP Pro? I ask this because I've read that a lot of guys have.
    I am running mine into a bi-amp setup using an EV crossover and then a stereo Perreaux 5000B Mosfet amp. It really kicks some major posterier. I was using an SVT2 fullrange and while it was a killer sound the bi-amp setup still has the tone but better seperation... best of both world as far as I'm concerned.