1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ampeg SVPCL and Crown XLS1500 for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Blues Bass 2, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    This is a just been to the Chiro repost . My back has taken a turn for the worst and I do need a smaller head . I had this add up before and changed my mind after hearing it again at a gig but now I don't have a choice .

This is the best sounding amp I've owned since I had a Magnavox era early 70's SVT that I used from 73 till 1980 . Great Ampeg tone and the Crown has enough power and flexibility for about any gig . About 50 pounds lighter than an SVT too and sounds close . The preamp is lighter than the poweramp and in the SKB the whole thing isn't bad to haul but I'm wanting to make my load a little smaller so I'd like to trade for a Genz Benz Steamliner 900 or 600 plus some cash or Mark bass F1 or even a Little Mark plus some cash . Where I practice it's hard to get my bass , head and laptop bag with tuner, cable and strap in one trip and with a small head like the GB I could put it in the bag and make one trip .

Pre has new JJ tubes and is in great condition . I don't think it has the output mod but has no trouble driving the Drivecore to full power . I have the pre and poweramp hooked to a Hosa Y adapter for the power cords so there is one power cord for the rack and the pre and poweramp are wired together so hookup at the gig is just like a regular amp head , just your bass cable and speaker cable .

Cash price would be $650 but would rather trade for a SL 900 . Cash price would include Pre , amp and rack and manuals for both .

[​IMG]

Specs on Crown:
    Minimum Guaranteed Power per channel, both channels driven: 775W, Stereo, 2 Ohms (per ch.); 525W, Stereo, 4 Ohms (per ch.); 300W, Stereo, 8 Ohms (per ch.); 1050W, Bridge-Mono, 8 Ohms; 1550W, Bridge-Mono, 4 Ohms;
    Sensitivity (for full rated power at 4 Ohms): 1.4 Vrms
    Frequency Response (at 1 watt, 20 Hz - 20 kHz): +0 dB, -1 dB
    Signal-to-Noise Ratio Rated as dBr to full rated 8Ohm power output (A-Weighted): XLS1500 > 103 dB
    Damping Factor (8 Ohm): 10 Hz to 400 Hz: > 200
    Crosstalk (below rated 8Ohm power): At 1kHz: > 85dB; At 20kHz: >55dB
    Input Impedance (nominal): 20 kOhm balanced, 10 kOhm unbalanced
    Load Impedance: 2 to 8 Ohm per channel in Stereo; 4 to 8 Ohm in Bridge Mono

Pre is 9 pounds , Crown is 8.5 and rack is 8.5 so the whole rig is 26 pounds .

$650 shipped , can't do paypal . USPS money order preffered .

2. I have said it before and I will say it again. I have played all kind of rigs and the very best preamp I have ever used is the SVP-CL. I recently bought another after I did 2 in the quest for THE sound. The CL is THE sound for me. I had my last one paired with the XLS1500 coincidentally and it is more power than you will need...very easy setup to use. The SVP-CL I have now isn't going anywhere. Ever. It is dead quiet, lots of tone. I played an SVT-CL and I liked the tone of the SVP better.

GLWTS. I hope your back gets better.

3. Blues Bass 2

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I agree , the tone is awesome and for most it's an easy rig to lug to gigs , wish I could keep it .

4. Blues Bass 2

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I would also consider selling the preamp by itself for $425 or with the 4 space rack $475 . The Crown is only for sale with the preamp and rack , I can use it for a few things if I sell just the preamp. Here's a pic of the back of the rack . Since this pic I have cut a small notch where the XLS line out from the preamp is for easier plug in at the gig , otherwise the rack is in very good shape .

fEARfulstack005.

5. Blues Bass 2

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Trade pending . Looking good !

6. Blues Bass 2

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Traded

Thread Status: