Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg svpcl

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by guybassman, Dec 30, 2005.

1. guybassman

guybassman

Feb 8, 2003
    Hi , received my svp-cl today . already have a b4r wich i'm going to use as poweramp and an ampeg 1540He cab. Wich settings should i use for classic SVT sound?

2. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    You might be able to get close, but to nail that tone, you ought to sell your gear and keep an eye out for the real deal (69-75).

3. guybassman

guybassman

Feb 8, 2003
    However i've read in earlier posts that its supposed to have same circuit as original

4. Im not sure if its the same, or if its based on, i know it uses a half of the 12AX7 and a half of the 12AU7 to give the same effect as a 12DW7

What you seem to be forgetting is alot of the sound comes from the power section

5. Yup. I've got the SVPCL - and i do find it gets close, but it's still not the same as an all tube.
    The settings i like to use to get that SVT-like tone is the Ultra Low in position 4, gain up as high as you can (about 3 or 4 o'clock) while moving the vol. on my bass/EQ - and then the rest to taste.