Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMPEG SVT-1000 Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chimaira, May 26, 2005.

1. chimaira

chimaira

Feb 18, 2005
    Hello,
    has anyone played the new Ampeg SVT-1000 head and can
    post a review (sound etc.)? Any likes/dislikes? Is it comparable with the Ampeg B-4R? The specs are almost the same and the B-4R is cheaper. Thanks!!

2. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I've repeatedly asked about this amp with no significant reply.

I've never even seen one and it seems like few others have either.

I've also wondered if it was a converted rack amp, like the SVT-350H, but nobody seems to know. :meh:

3. I havent played the SVT 1000- but I have played the SVT Classic, and the SVT 4 Pro and I find them both to be amazing heads- With awesome power and great tone, very thick and warm...

If I am correct the B4R is a solid state amp. I remeber playing another ampeg solid state head B2R? It wasnt all that crash hot in either tone nore power :meh:

Go the SVT chances are you wont be disapointed- Play both first and see what you like... I have been told though if you are running 12"s the Ampeg will sound too muddy I suppose thats why a majority of Ampeg users go a 4x10" or 8x10"... or 3 or 4 8x10"s :bassist:

4. rob

rob

Mar 26, 2004
    Sorry old chap i cant say i've even heard of the svt 1000(but i just had a look at the ampeg site and to my suprise it was there).
    I play a v4bh through the 410he and crap f**k it sounds amazing but then im all for valve amps. I've never had a problem with volume either(i mean i dont play arena's) Im guessing you only going to need a 1000w amp when playing stadiums and plus that does'nt happen much anymore these days.

Both the svt 1000 and b4r are both M/S and SS amps, which in my opion is like owning 1 of these new model sports cars when deepdown all you really want is a big f**k mustang t-bird under your foot, they just dont compare..

Now if i was you i'd look for the all vintage and classic tube sound of the V4bh, the svt-cl and the SVT-AV and always run these through the 410 cabs.

Just to let you know i might sound like im 40 but really i am 22 and have just been brought up and inspired by the pro's.

nice 1

5. hillbillyhotrod

hillbillyhotrod

Apr 8, 2005
    i have a svt1000 head and a ampeg12he i think it sounds awsome its a real clean sound. im now getting a bigger cab so i can use the full potential of the svt 1000 head