Ampeg SVT 115 1980s. Make offer

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Chasarms, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    This is cabinet has been in my possession since sometime around 1989 give or take a couple of years. I had two at one point, and I am unsure if this is the first or the second one I picked up. It's your basic 115 8 ohm cabinet. It sounds very good.

Anyway, I finally decided to go with a 4 ohm, 410 cabinet, so this needs to go to make some room. I will make every effort to post an actual photo very soon, but to describe, I would say this cabinet is good to very good shape considering the vintage. There are a few tears in the tolex around the edges, but nothing greater than the size of a dime. The screen and badging is in excellent shape. (It's the older white badging)

Now for one detail:

This cabinet DOES NOT HAVE the original speaker. Last year, when I started using it again after a long while, it simply stopped working. I took it to a local speaker genius who does rebuilds. He tested it and said the coil was shot.

In the interest of time, I purchased one of his custom built speakers with the intention of bringing back the original for a rebuild. I never got there.

The speaker that is in the cabinet sounds all but identical to the original. The surround is perhaps a bit stiffer and it is a littler less muddy, but if you didn't know, you'd be easily convinced that the cabinet was all original.

The only other difference is that this speaker has a 300W voice coil while the original had a 200.

I still have the original speaker. It looks perfect other than the dust cap was cut off to check the coil. You can have it as well for $20 extra plus the extra shipping.

I am willing to take any reasonable offer for this cabinet. I can meet you somewhere within a couple of hours of St. Louis, or I can ship it UPS and help with the cost. I have no interest in trading. I got plenty of stuff.

I will take paypal if you want to use a credit card. I actually prefer it.
  2. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa