Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg SVT-15 EN

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gbenner, Jul 29, 2002.

1. gbenner

gbenner

May 20, 2001
    ocean, new jersey
    I just picked up an Ampeg SVT 15EN. Its an 8 ohm cab.,My question is the rating, it says 200 watt RMS, 400 watt program. I've never heard of a rating that way. Is it a 200 or a 400 watt cab. I know the 400 is not peak, so what does program mean.
    Thanks for any help.

2. Do u mean the SVT-15E?
    if so i have the same cab, but thats beside the point! :)

it means 200 watts RMS or Continous, you can run 200 watts constantly through it with no problems
    and 400 watts peak, or PMPO, basically means it can handle 400 watts while peaking (not continous)
    I also have the SVT 210HE which is 250w RMS and 500w PMPO

*Si*

3. gbenner

gbenner

May 20, 2001
    ocean, new jersey
    Si, I got the cab used at a local music store for 250 bucks. I don't know how old it is but it looks brand knew. On the plate on the back it does say SVT-15EN, I e-mailed ampeg to see what the n is for. Thanks for the reply.

George

4. hey no probs, i couldn't see your cab on the ampeg web-site, but i'm hardly an ampeg historian :)
    sounds like you got a great deal either way!

*Si*

5. gbenner

gbenner

May 20, 2001
    ocean, new jersey
    Just got an e-mail from ampeg, the N in SVT-15EN stands for Neutrik speakon connectors.