1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg svt 1510 he

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JWP, Aug 27, 2012.

1. JWP

JWP

Aug 19, 2012
    Just had an ampeg svt 1510 fall into my lap. Dont know a lot about this cabinet other than it has a 15 a 10 and horn and it is rated at 175 watts. Looking for some advice...what would be a good head to match with this cab and would it make sense to run this with another 15 cabinet? Head budget sould be nno more than 500 dollars. Would really like to spend less though! Also....really do not need ear bleeding volume...

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'd probably get something like a Micro VR or a PF350 ($300 ea, less if you find a sale). But you won't be able to add another cab since it's a 4 ohm cab. Honestly, you shouldn't need any more than that for the vast majority of your gigs, it sounds like.

3. JWP

JWP

Aug 19, 2012
    One sidenote...local gc has a hartke ha2500 for 200 (used) sitting on the shelf. Never played through hartke gear but heard good things...thoughts?

4. Tractorr

Tractorr

Aug 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    I have had the earlier version (2000) for about 16 years, it is still going strong, and I bought it used. It is my back up amp these days but I wouldn't hesitate to use it if my main amp went down.

Oh and it is capable of getting really loud. I know you said that wasn't needed, but my point is don't let the 200 watts fool you. It has plenty of power for most gigs.

I don't really care for the compressor much though.

5. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    If it is the "blackfaced"/"Transient Attack" version of the HA2500. They are darned near bullet proof, and sound pretty good. I had one back in the late 90's and it was an awesome amp for Me back then.

$200.00 isn't a bad price for that amp, but it being a used peice at GC, You could probably beat'em up on the price and get it a bit cheaper.

6. JWP

JWP

Aug 19, 2012
    think I will be at gc this week playing through all three....