1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT 1510HE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by macheted01, Nov 7, 2010.

1. macheted01

macheted01

Sep 2, 2010
    I currently own one of these. I run it with a Hartke HA3000. I am looking to upgrade to a different head. Something a little more beefier, not sure what direction I am going yet. In any case, I am looking to upgrade my speakers in this cab. I would like to go with a 15" neo and 10" neo and get this to a 4 ohm load. For those of you that are not familiar with this cab, it has a single 15, a singel 10 and a horn in the cab. I have not got into the cab itself yet. It is currently rated at 175 watts (I believe) and 8 ohm. So, I am looking for some suggestions and help on wiring cofiguration. Any help would be great.

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    The only way one can recommend drivers is with pictures of the cabinet innards and exact internal dimensions. Forget about the 4 ohm load, you don't need it, and trying to get it will severely limit your driver choices.

3. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    I've owned 2 of those and they're nice for what they are. A ported 15 and a sealed 10 plus a horn. They make a nice extention cab to the 410 but I wouldn't try to use it on it's own. You'd be better off getting a 410 and use both.

4. macheted01

macheted01

Sep 2, 2010
    Appreciate it guys. After some thought, for the kind of money I would have to throw at it, I am thinking of just going with an Avatar 212 Neo cab. I thought of throwing another cab on it, but that is going the opposite direction of what I am trying to do. In most cases my rig is all I need, but found it lacking in a couple of the bars I play at. Trying to keep it small, but plenty of power. I have an Ampeg PB112 (Neo) and just love this thing, but definately does not fill the room in most cases. Its great when we have a little corner in a bar to work with. So, I am going from one extreme to the other. I am going to sell my 2 Hartke HA3000's and the Ampeg SVT1510. Most likely go with the Line 6 Lowdown HD750 and definately the Avatar 212 (Neo). That will be more than I ever need, but it will be there if I need it.

5. macheted01

macheted01

Sep 2, 2010
    Well, I have to bring this one back to life. I ended up going with some Neo's for this cab and successfully brought to 500 watts at 4 ohms. I have the Line 6 HD400 running it. It sounds good. I did acquire a schematic for the crossover in the SWR Triad which is a similar cab that I believe took it a step further. Ampeg has no crossover in it. The speakers are just hardwired and I believe the crossover will smooth things out. I have a local tech on it. I went with some Jensen Sica's. I got into them for less than $200.00, so I decided to go with it.