Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT-1540HE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott D, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Man, i just got this cab today. it kicks! i traded even for a Hartke 4x10 XL and a Peavey 1x15... damn. its loud, low, and large (and in charge i might add) but its exactly how i want my bass to sound, but it sucks that its a 8 ohm. its also really heavey, at 153 lbs... its really sweet. it has the old-school ampeg logo (the all lowercase one). its a '94, and it great shape. i highly recomend checking these out. they have a bi-amp input-one input is wired to the 4x10, theres another that is wired to the 1x15. the bad thing is that each cab is 4 ohms, so total would be 2 ohms, and my amp cant run @ 2 ohms. but there is a full range input, which puts it at 8 ohms. i was messing around with the bi amp inputs, and damn. the two speakers are like perfectly matched. the 4x10 is nice and midrangey, it also has alot of lows. the 15 is just straight thump! i love this cab! it cuts very well too. i have a gig next thursday, and i can't wait to see how it performs. i'll get some pics up later.

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i used to have one of those cabinets.

it was really good. but mine was not in great shape when i bought for cheap...

if your is in good condition it's a keeper!!

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    yeah, its in perfect condition. the tolex is barely ripped at all. the speakers are all in perfect condition. this cab cuts soo well, and the nice ported 15 really thumps out alot of air. why the hell did ampeg discontinue this awesome cab? the only thing i wish is i want it to be 4 ohms, but, it cuts so well, i don't care.