1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVT 2 Pro Issue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dirtbag, Apr 30, 2009.

1. dirtbag

dirtbag

May 16, 2008
    Bought it used
    Worked very well until earlier this week.
    I was playing loud with a sansamp bass driver DI and it faulted.
    I checked the bias, one set had red and green, the other was just red.

I've adjusted the bias and both of them go from red to red and green which according to the manual means that the tubes are not properly matched.

I played immediately after I biased it and it faulted again.

Both times after faulting I turned it off and back on and lowered the master volume and output volume of the pedal a touch. I was able to play for another couple of hours without any issue.

I'm assuming whatever problem i have is not super critical but this is a little annoying and i definitely don't want this to happen at a show.

I just got the bass DI pedal and i've played with it three times now, the last two it faulted.

Do i need to bring this to a tech? New power tubes?

2. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Probably the mismatch issue is only faulting at higher power/volume....... it may get worse.

If you followed the procedure in the manual, you might notice that there is no warning to get it checked right away...... when it gets annoying enough to be worth a tech trip, you do that.

Can be either tubes, or the bias circuit. I'm not a huge fan of that bias circuit , although it's "OK".......