1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AMPEG SVT 2 PRO Settings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slapstick13, Nov 22, 2010.

1. slapstick13

slapstick13

Feb 5, 2010
    How do you run your svt 2 pro?? What is the relationship between gain/master/drive knobs ie, what tubes are each knobs pushing? I see some people like to set the master all the way up and adjust gain to taste, while others set both to noon. Whats the idea behind each setting? Kind of two questions; just trying to get an idea of how people are running their 2 pros.

2. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    I run mine the following way:

Gain - 9 oclock
    Drive - 9 oclock
    Master - 12 oclock.

Master is controlling your power tubes, where you gain and drive are powering your preamp.

3. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I run mine as advised by lots of SVT gurus here. Gain up until you hear the preamp clip, then back off just slightly. I think this gives a stronger preamp tone and affects the signal-noise ratio. I then crank the master to appropriate volume. Once you get to 1-3 o'clock on the master, you've got some nice tone working. And for me, that was about right for the band I was in. I typically left the drive control off, though would use it occasionally between 10 and 1'oclock...

Oh, and I leave all filters off. Bass at 1'oclock, mid (setting 3 or 4) at 2-3'oclock and treble at noon.