1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVT 2 Pro Vs. Ampeg SVT Classic

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChrisMan123, Aug 19, 2007.

1. ChrisMan123

ChrisMan123

Aug 6, 2007
    which one would you buy and why?

I have decided that I do want an all tube amp and after playing the Ampeg SVT Classic, I was pretty impressed, not blown away right off the bat, but I was liking the sound for the most part. No one carries the SVT 2 Pro though...

the reason I am interested in the SVT 2 Pro over the Classic is because it has the 9 band graphic EQ which is something I really like to have. It is practically identical to the Classic in all it's features and has the 9 band graphic EQ and one extra tube in it as well. So I am assuming it is basically the same sound considering it's coming from the same major company that uses the same parts and all and I compared them side by side for their specs and they are the same thing. One just has the classic look and the other has a more modern appearance and is rackmountable.

So I just want to hear everyone's opinion on which amp they would get and why.