Ampeg SVT 200T Problems

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nickolouse, Sep 4, 2010.

1. nickolouse

nickolouse

Sep 4, 2010
    Upland, CA
    A few questions. Ive got my ampeg matched with a Kustom 3-15B cab and i dont know if thats a good match? I cant find any information on the kustom except for the notes off the old ads. Aside from that, my head has its on and off days. At times a horrible screech will pop up, so i end up wiggling the cord, to correct the problem, or shutting it off. The jack isnt loose either so im assuming its a connection problem? its not the cord because all the cords ive used never had problems. Also, when i hit a certain volume the sound drops down to hardly anything at all. But when that all isnt going wrong everything sounds great. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
  3. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    If you want one, PM me an email address.....

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    If your amp has Effects loop (Send and Return) jacks, you problem might just be dirty switching contacts in your Return jack. Next time it acts up, an easy way to diagnose this is to patch a guitar cord into your Effects loop and see if the problem is suddenly gone.

5. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    nickolouse, if you need documentation for your amp please PM Jerrold Tiers.

If you take your SVT 200T to an amp tech then having the schematics would come in handy.

6. I have a 200T (well it's my brother's...but it's at my house)
    I downloaded the manual 4 years ago....I can email it if you need.

7. nickolouse

nickolouse

Sep 4, 2010
    Upland, CA
    thanks everyone with the help. ill be sure to let yall know how it goes

8. platypuus

platypuus

Jan 20, 2012
    hello, I am looking for a manual as well. I have pm'd the two people on this list who say they have one and have not heard back from them. Does anyone else have one?

regards, mark

9. platypuus

platypuus

Jan 20, 2012
    got one, thank Jerrold

regards, mark

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021