1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT 200T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joronamo, May 16, 2011.

1. Joronamo

Joronamo

Dec 12, 2009
    I am refurbishing my Ampeg SVT 200T. I need new knobs. Can someone tell me whether the pots are d-shaft, knurled shaft, or mini d-shaft? Can someone also tell me whether I can custom install ampeg side handles on the unit. It originally doesnt come with it but I want to add them on, I just dont know whether there is room on the side of the chassis.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    side handles can be added but since they're recessed, you'll have to cut holes.

don't know what's on the pots without seeing them, but probably not mini-d's. the d shafts look like they've been cut in half to where they resemble the letter d, and knurled shafts aren't cut in half and have ridges on the shaft.

3. Joronamo

Joronamo

Dec 12, 2009
    Will the handles fit inside the amp since they are recessed? Maybe there are some inside components that are gonna make it impossible? I am not sure what shafts are on my amp, does anyone know? Thanks.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    i was thinking the handles shouldn't be any deeper than the wood, but yes, that would be a good idea to check and make sure. didn't think about that. good call.

5. Joronamo

Joronamo

Dec 12, 2009
    How do you check?

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    measure the wood, and find out how deep the handles are. if the wood is less thick than the handle's depth, then you'll have to take the amp out of the box and see if there's anything that could get in the way.