1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT-212AV driver info?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by blujosh, Apr 6, 2018.

1. blujosh

blujosh

Dec 8, 2009
    Oaklandia
    does anyone know anything about the 12" drivers used in the SVT-212AV?

particularly curious about whether there are any frequency plots out there and what the upper range of that driver is (without assistance from the crossover+tweeter in the 212AV)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    I thought I had read somewhere that they were an OEM version of the delta 12, but even then any published plot for a retail driver is going to be different than the OEM version so I'm not sure looking at those plots will help you.

Edit to add - bass gear mag had a full bench review on the head and cabs, the back issues are gone from the website now that they reformatted but @tombowlus might be able to help you out.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  3. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    I looked for one to try at GC, to no avail. The 210 sounded great. No need for a tweeter at all. TC has a new 212 at Sweetewater that looks really cool. 400 bucks.

4. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021