AMPEG Svt-2PRO discontinued? thinkin of trading in my 4Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by naughtry, Mar 12, 2004.

1. naughtry

Jan 31, 2004
    NYC / D.C.
    So I just bought a svt-4pro yesterday but last night I played an audition on someones elses SVT-Pro 2 and I loved it. I called guitar center a sec ago and they said they had one SVT-Pro 2 left and it was only $999 cause it was discontinued.

Thats $150 less than my 4pro so I'm thinking of doing a trade but was wondering when the 2pro was discontinued? I never heard anything aobut that, any idea why?

You guys think I should do the trade? I was comparing my 4Pro's tone after last night and I really want the tube growl I was getting with the 2Pro. Also, I was curious if the 2Pro was as noisy as the 4Pro? I'm getting pretty loud fan noise and also hiss if I turn the treble up on my 4pro.
  2. dee rob

dee rob

Feb 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    I don't think the 2-pro is discontinued, I think that GC has decided to not carry that model any longer.

3. naughtry

Jan 31, 2004
    NYC / D.C.
    you were right, this was the last one of any GC stores around here and it was without a box too because it was on display for a little while. I ended up getting it, thats the same price used ones are going on ebay for so I figured it was still a good deal. The manager through in a free 50 dollar speak-on cable too, only thing is I just realized its missing the rubber feet things cause it was rack mounted.