1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

AMPEG Svt-2PRO discontinued? thinkin of trading in my 4Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by naughtry, Mar 12, 2004.

1. naughtry

naughtry

Jan 31, 2004
    NYC / D.C.
    So I just bought a svt-4pro yesterday but last night I played an audition on someones elses SVT-Pro 2 and I loved it. I called guitar center a sec ago and they said they had one SVT-Pro 2 left and it was only $999 cause it was discontinued.

Thats $150 less than my 4pro so I'm thinking of doing a trade but was wondering when the 2pro was discontinued? I never heard anything aobut that, any idea why?

You guys think I should do the trade? I was comparing my 4Pro's tone after last night and I really want the tube growl I was getting with the 2Pro. Also, I was curious if the 2Pro was as noisy as the 4Pro? I'm getting pretty loud fan noise and also hiss if I turn the treble up on my 4pro.

2. dee rob

dee rob

Feb 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    I don't think the 2-pro is discontinued, I think that GC has decided to not carry that model any longer.

dee

3. naughtry

naughtry

Jan 31, 2004
    NYC / D.C.
    you were right, this was the last one of any GC stores around here and it was without a box too because it was on display for a little while. I ended up getting it, thats the same price used ones are going on ebay for so I figured it was still a good deal. The manager through in a free 50 dollar speak-on cable too, only thing is I just realized its missing the rubber feet things cause it was rack mounted.