Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT-3 head - $350 (NJ)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Rusty Chainsaw, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Well, I'm off back to the UK, so I'm offloading all my big, heavy gear (see the separate thread for my Hartke cabs).

My Ampeg SVT-3 head needs a new home! Usual SVT-3 spec, fairly good condition (couple of small scratches, etc), full working order, and tone for days! :D Please note, this is the slightly older model, with no Speakon connector, but with binding posts instead.

Give me $350, and it's yours. Or $750 with both my Hartke cabs - great sounding full rig!

2. Is it a SVT-350H or a SVT-3Pro or something else?

3. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    SVT-3 Pro. Circa 2002 model.

4. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    I bought my SVT-3Pro locally for $350 used (good cond.) about 2 years ago. In that time, I have never, EVER, seen one priced as low..... until now.

Bump for a great deal.

5. I'm thinking about it! I just want to know what the cons would be of not having a speakon.

I assume it's still a 2 tube pre-amp with mosfet power amp.

6. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Not much, just use the 1/4". Actually, mine does have the speakon, and right now it's hooked to an Aggie 4x10 with a 1/4" speaker cable.

I doubt you'd ever hear a difference.

7. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    All the same specs as the newer ones, other than the lack of a Speakon. It still has two 1/4" speaker-outs as well as the binding posts, though.

8. Is it possible to get some pictures?

It's still in good condition right? knobs still on, and what not. :D

Ever change the tubes?

9. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Here you go. :D

I personally haven't changed the tubes, but I have only had the head for about six months. The tubes certainly sound OK, they're not microphonic and there's no weird sounds or noises from the amp.

Attached Files:

10. MO542

MO542

Jan 6, 2006
    Nashville
  11. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

PM sent (hours ago, but I figured I'd say it here also since others are)...

12. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Sold now, alas (a very nice member here wanted the head and both the cabs, so he had to take precedence, unfortunately!).

Thanks for looking though, everyone! :D

13. DONT KNOW ABOUT YOURS BUT MY SVT PRO III HAS 5 TUBES! 4 AX, 1 AU.