Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT-3 Pro, SKB Rack, and DBX Compressor

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Scott D, May 20, 2004.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Alright guys, time to offer this amp up on the block. All tube preamp. Can get that nice Ampeg grind, and a killer hi-fi sound. 280W @ 8 ohms, 450W @ 4 ohms. I have had absoulutely no problems with this amp, ever. It was retubed 1 year ago, all with brand new Sovtek's. This is a VERY LOUD AMP. I've never had any volume problems, whatsoever. Almost mint. This is the older version, (amp is from '94), but bought brand new by an amp tech, and it sat in his rack for it's whole life. Perfect working condition, and almost perfect comsetic condition. I'm working on just upgrading to a Pre/Power setup. I'm looking for $500 + shipping, and that includes the SVT-3 pro, a DBX 163X compressor (1/2 rackspace, sort of the "industry standard"-very simple to use and VERY effective. Has a single slider to control amount of compression.), and a few month old SKB 4 space rotorack, which has a few small scuffs. This is really a killer setup. Very loud, and great tone. I've played it through many cabs, and every time it's amazed me. I will have pics up later tonight. Like I said, I'm saving up for a Pre/power rig, so unless you have one of those to trade, no trades please.

Thanks,
    Scott D

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    bttt

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Pics, Pics, Pics

4. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Scott, say it ain't so! You're selling your rig? Man I'm lovin' mine. I added a SansAmp Bass Driver to it and the guys in my band rank on me if I don't bring it to rehearsal. If I had the bucks I'd buy yours just to have it as backup for my current rig. (Ampeg SVT 3Pro, Ampeg SVT 1540 cab) Someone is going to get a good deal here! Also Scott, thanks for the help setting mine up. :bassist:

5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey-no problem man. I'm just wanting something a little different. I apologize, I've been terribly busy this whole week, and the amp right now is at my practice space, but I'll pick it up tonight, and hopefully get pics up ASAP.

6. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Ah, found a pic in the "Show us your amps" thread...

[​IMG]

If anyone needs more detailed pics, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Scott D.

7. Nick Wagner

Nick Wagner

Feb 24, 2003
    WA, USA
    That is a REALLY good price! I wish I had the money for it... it costs the same as my B2R did new! Ugh! Someone buy it, you wont regret it.

8. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    According to the DBX site, there's never been such a thing as a "163X", I think you mean the 160A. Or, perhaps I'm just a moron (-:.

pm sent by the way.

9. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    The dbx 163x compressor is a "vintage" model. I think they were made back in the 70's. When I took mine into GC to get some rack ears for it the guy said "check out the relic". Anyway, it's a good, solid, simple to use compressor that takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. :bassist:

10. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    On Hold for Mud Flaps.