Ampeg svt 3 pro vs v4b output

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kenson, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Kenson

Kenson

Apr 27, 2017
    Willard, MO
    Hey all, I'm trying to find the right head. I'm currently playing through an older MIA ba 210. I really like the amp but I want to venture into tube/hybrid. I've been eye balling the 3 pro for a while (keep in mind where I live music stores don't really carry much bass stuff) but now I'm considering the v4b. I tend to prefer a clean tone but a little break up don't hurt :).

Now I'm wanting to know if the v4b can stand up to a svt 3 pro in the output department. Now I don't have a cab yet but will get into that later. I really like the sound of the v4b from videos I've watched but I can't tell if I will have the same head room as the 3 pro. I understand that the v4b is 100 watts compared to the 450 watts that you get from the 3 pro, but aren't tube amps considered louder than solid state/hybrid amps?

2. Bass 45

Bass 45

Jun 23, 2011
    Tempe, Arizona
    The 3Pro is capable of playing louder and cleaner then the V4B. If your volume needs are not super high, then the V4B should be loud enough anyway.

3. HeyyyyyJoe

HeyyyyyJoe Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Sorry for bumping this old thread. Actually contimplating the same question. I would be playing the head through two Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 112 cabs. Wondering also in the tone department, which head would shine. Thanks.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Tonally I'm all about the V4B over the 3 Pro but the 3 Pro is no slouch.

jwindham and jdubbass38 like this.
  5. Stickshaker

Stickshaker

Sep 20, 2017
    I have a SVT-3pro and a V4BH head. I prefer the "tubey" rich tone of the V4BH, and for club gigs, I cannot tell much difference in overall volume between the two. I play a clean tone, and the V4BH has the punch I like for club volume. I use the 3 pro for bigger stages with FOH support...

Attached Files:

• V4BH.jpg
      V4BH.jpg
      File size:
      901.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    jdubbass38 likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021