1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ampeg SVT 3

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Soma666, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
    hey people,

i have obtained this amp and i am kinda unsure of most of its specs. its weird coz i have never heard of a svt 3, i know the svt 3 pro, but not a straight svt 3. if anyone knows more about this amp than me please let me know, like when they were made and for how long, when did they change to the svt3 pro, and such. it gets 200 watts into my 8 ohm cab and it sounds pretty damn good, i must admit. im just curious

thanks
    A.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Holy crap! There really IS an SVT 3 non-pro! I never knew that! From the lettering style, I'd say 1991 or 2. The Pro started in 93. I don't know anything else, though. Never heard of it. That's got to be a pretty rare item, I would think.

3. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
    yeah i didnt know there was a non pro either. i picked it up second hand a while ago and recently substituted it with my GK. its done some miles, but has been serviced recently. thanks for your input dude, keep em coming fellas

4. Pretty much the same as the Pro but less power (350 watts), doesn't have the tube drive, banana plugs instead of speakon connector and less sliders on the EQ.

Great amp.

5. palmann

palmann

Sep 3, 2006
    Germany
    I've got a review in a german magazine for it, but I think that doesn't help much. :)

Gruesse, Pablo

6. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
    i dunno, any online reviews in english? that would be nice... or maybe a manual? also, does anyone else here have one? i'd like to know how special it really is...

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    There was a recent thread. Look it up, SVT III. Got good reviews on there if I remember well.

8. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    PM me if you want a PDF manual........

Time period is 1992 and 1993. I know of Serial numbers with date codess from "E5" to "FA"....... 1992 may to 1993 November.

I do think they were a little earlier also, but I'd have to dig more.

9. john_g

john_g Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I am going to look at this same amp this week from a guy that has it for sale here locally (I started a thread on here asking for advice). Have you tried it? Does it sound good?

10. Tonyisnt

Tonyisnt

Jun 9, 2011
    I just bought one from a guy and he found a pdf of the manual. if you want it, lemme know and ill email it to you. i know this is a few years late, if you no longer need it, disregard.

11. JimWasHere

JimWasHere

Sep 8, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I just got a pdf of the manual from ampeg... Only two pages, no system block diagram? Same thing you have?

12. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    Looks like a SS power version of the non pro 2. That might be cool piece to have.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021