Ampeg SVT-300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thehurlatron, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Does anyone own or know anything about this power amp? I've been looking into all tube power and I came across one of these for cheap. I'm having a hard time finding any USEFULL info on this amp on the web. Any help appreciated.

Power? How many tubes/what kind? years produced? Is it any good? What do they usually go for $$$ ?

2. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    It is the power amp portion of the SVT-II, which is the rack version SVT made after the initial 500 SLM SVT repros.

What's to know?

Need a manual PDF?
  3. Need a manual PDF?[/QUOTE]

Yes please! Also, do you know what they went for new? What years produced? Why did they stop production?
  4. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    You have a PM. I need your email.
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  6. Do you think $740 shipped is a good deal for the SVT-300 in great shape, and a SVP-Pro preamp in great shape?
  7. Sounds like a good deal especially if the SVT-300 has its original USA GE 6550A's in it.
  8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    No, sounds crappy.

Just give me the sellers contact info so I can tell him how bad his offer is. ;)

9. So I guess it's an okay deal :D

I guess if you think of it as a SVT 2 but separate power/pre it works out to be the same amp. Good for me because I can A/B it with The svp-pro and my eden navigator to find the sweeter sound.
  10. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    That sounds like a cool setup! I think it would be the same as the SVT II. :cool:
  11. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis

If it doesn't arrive, let me know. Some of the ISPs don't like larger files. I dunno how netzero is.
  12. Bassnick75

Sep 29, 2010

I recently got an SVT300 and am interested in the manual for that thing-
    could you please mail me a manual?
    thanks in advance,
  13. Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Keep an eye on your e-mail.
  14. anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Kinda but the older SVT-IIP preamp was the model just like the SVT-II came with.
    The SVP pro was a bit different including separate gain/master knobs like a SVT-IIpro.
  15. gargouill

Jun 9, 2011

i'm french.
    i'm interested in svt 300 pdf.
    I'm interested by a power amp tube to mix with my svp pro.
    Actually i'got b2r.
    I know it's will be the same configuration than svt 2 pro but this amp is so heavy.
    Thanks in avance.

edit found it.
  16. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Yep, more like an SVT II Pro than an SVT II non pro.
  17. rbb1717

Aug 20, 2011
    If someone has one of those PDF manuals, I would love to have one. If you could email it to me at that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
  18. Gents:

There happens to be one of these for sale here.

Only 4 hours left, they are a rare companion to the SVT II.

I've been watching it for a few days and though I'd buy one in a heartbeat in times of greater financial prosperity, the price has already gone above my limit.

And I don't yet have a direct application for it...

Though I certainly could have fun playing around with it.

No, don't be ridiculous, I am not in any way affiliated with the seller I just figured for any of you who have been waiting for one of these to surface that it is my TB duty to let you know.

PS, if you have a copy of the afformentioned owner's manual I'd like a copy. PM me.
  19. someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Wanted it badly to go with my non-pro....but $750 is a lot of cheese for a slave amp!
  20. Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Huh, you're making me wonder about the amount of hearing damage this thing can do along with the non-pro. ;)