1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT 350 AV

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by buckangus, Nov 5, 2018.

1. buckangus

buckangus Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2005
    kansas city area
    ampeg svt 350 AV 1. Hey all my bass buds... any ideas as to where i can find a MINT AMPEG SVT 350 AV amp? Will pay premium $$$ and drive to get it so to make it painless... thanks!

2. voided3

voided3 Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I see the regular "classic" SVT-350 and SVT-450 pop up on Craigslist and Reverb frequently, typically with a few graphic EQ faders sheared off (haha). I bought an SVT-350 brand new when I was in high school, but I always recall thinking it was underpowered. Lately, I had a bit of nostalgia for it and was looking up old reviews on TalkBass and many seem to have concluded it wasn't Ampeg's finest creation, but they sure look good! Personally, if you want something with the AV look, I would look for a used V4B reissue for a little more money and a full deck of tubes. As a 100 watt tube amp, it most likely could match a SVT-350 for output.

3. So, that would be a NO... ;):thumbsup:

4. HOOLIGAN

HOOLIGAN

Dec 21, 2007
    Cowtown, USA
    One on Reverb right now for $399.99