1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ampeg svt 350 help!!! please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mattpbass, Jul 19, 2012.

1. mattpbass

mattpbass

May 8, 2011
    hi guys , so i bought this svt head ,

how do i make fan less noisy ??

and can any1 help me with some settings to play rock? those mids on the graphic i really like!

is it ok for the clip light to flash here and there while playing, how far can u push that gain setting?

im totally new to ampeg

thx for the help

matt:hyper:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    1. Replace it with a less noisy fan. But you have to make sure it has the same specs or better because the fan is critical to keep it from burning up.

2. Crank the gain and just play around with the knobs. Been a while since I played one so I can't give you specific settings, so just play with it and see what you think.

3. Ampeg SS and hybrid amps are made to have the gain pushed pretty hard, and I would ignore that light completely and just set it to where it sounds good to you.

3. vegedge

vegedge

Jul 14, 2012
    you mean the 350h. if so i just got one too. alot of posts on here in a week about it.

4. I've had an Ampeg 350h for several years. Soon after i bought it new the fan started making noise. I contacted customer service and they said it was typical and doesn't impact the sound from the speakers. I've had the amp for probably 7 years and the fan still makes a bit of noise, but the amp has been 100% reliable. You may just have to get used to it, as long as the amp is working fine.

For the rock sound, I always have the controls set at the "Rock" setting in the user's guide and I have a Tech 21 Samsamp set on the SVT tone. This provides a great SVT sound.

5. vegedge

vegedge

Jul 14, 2012
    i didnt get the user's guide. would you mind telling me the layout you use? i also use the sansamp but i dont get much volume and just overall bland tone.

6. User guide www.ampeg.com/pdf/PF_heads_OM.pdf

7. vegedge

vegedge

Jul 14, 2012
    thats for the 350 not the 350h.
    there is a difference