Ampeg SVT-350H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rixor, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Rixor

Jan 12, 2004
    I have an Ampeg Classic 810E Cab and I saw this 350H amp at a music store for $750 CAN in really good condition. It's within my price range which is awesome but I was wondering what you guys think/know about this head? I played through a newish SVT-CL at a recent show and it sounded incredible. Obviously the 350H isn't going to sound as nice, but does it have anywhere near the tone quality that the CL does? Is the 350H a good buy for that money?
  2. IMHO no.
    You can have the same amp paying lot less money if you look at the B2R.
    However if you liked the tube tone of an SVT you can try the V4 BH that's 100 tube watts and it's a sweet and nice amp! :)
  3. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Rixor....check out the new Yorkville 200 watt tube head. Not sure what L&M are selling them for, but might be a reasonable alternative.
  4. Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    The SVT-350H is nothing at all like a CL. You won't be impressed in that way.
  5. I had a B2R for a while. I thought it was a decent solid-state amp, with fairly flexible tone control. It was definitely not the tube sound though. My Eden WT300 has a much more tube-like growl. The typical gripe on the B2R/350H is that the power ratings are abit overblown. I never pushed it that hard, so it wasn't a problem, but if you want to really push an 8x10 that isn't the amp to do it with. IMHO.

6. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    I have the tubed beast and it is nothing like the solid state...
    the b-2r was great while i had it although like everyone else I think the watt rating is WAY overblown. try to find the all tube SVT. Yeah it is a pain to retube but it splits sheetrock in the basement. yea the SVT is rock and roll..yea it adds lots of
    color to your sound but for lowend thump through a stack of Mesa rectifiers, you mesa boys are so LOUD, nothing else will do. :cool:
    Keep the Funk Alive!!!
  7. Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    I don't get all this about the SVT350h being "quiet". I play it through the 810e, and it shakes ever plate on the house at about 5 with the attuenator on. I played it ONCE at full blast, attuenator off, and it was insane. I don't know if it's because I'm playing through an 810, or if I just have an abnormal head... But it's insanely loud.

Just my humble opinion.

Edit: I got my SVT350h new for less than the B2R. I don't have to mess around with a rack, and it looks pretty dang awesome... So if you can find a store going out of business (like I did), you can find some major deals.
  8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ive been playing through that same rig for the last couple weeks with this new band I just joined and it really isnt all that loud.

That cab makes it a butt load louder than youd expect, but not as loud as it should be considering the size of it all.