Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT-3PRO & Aguilar GS410/GS112 Questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nspark, May 15, 2004.

1. I've always liked Ampeg's Pro line and lately, wanting to put together a real amp setup, I've been drawn to the Ampeg SVT-3PRO. There are so many amps and cabs out there, I feel really lost. Although I'm not in a band (yet), I really think I want a 4x10. I've always liked 10's more than 15's and feel like a 2x10 just seems a bit too small. I hope it's not overkill, but I really want to get something to last me for a long time.

Well, I always hear awesome stuff about Aguilar gear and have thus been interested in the Aguilar GS410.

I'm really kinda wondering how anyone out there will think the two will blend together. I want to be able to dial in lots of tones: from a solid, deep bass to a solid slap to maybe even trying some solo stuff. Also, any comments about the overall tonal characteristics of the GS410 are welcome. I played the SVT-3PRO recently and it felt, to me, like a pretty versatile amp.

-Nick Park

2. Oh, I was also entertaining the thought of gettin two GS112s. I've only heard great things about the GS112s and it would also be a bit more portable than a GS410.

-Nick Park

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    With the Ampeg SVT3, I would recomend that whatever cab you buy has a high efficiency rating. I have a SVT3 Pro, and it's just not that loud of a amp to push some of the cabs out there that need some juice......just my two pennies :cool: