1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVT-3Pro w/ Two SVT210AVs-Anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slick_tu, Aug 19, 2012.

1. slick_tu

slick_tu

Sep 19, 2006
    South Jersey
    Has anyone tried using an Ampeg SVT-3Pro w/ Two SVT210AVs? If so, how did it sound? Any recommendations one way or the other? Thanks.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Not the 3 Pro but I have used my 69 SVT with two 210av's in a vertical stack. I loved it! It would be a balancing act for you since the 3 Pro's wider than the cabs and too heavy to put on top of the 3 Pro without a rack, but if you have a rack, put it on bottom and get the cabs up even higher, and it's fantastic!

3. slick_tu

slick_tu

Sep 19, 2006
    South Jersey
    Thanks, Jimmy. I don't have a 3Pro anymore, but I was thinking about options. I do have an SVT VR that I use with my Berg. NV610, so I think I'll give that a try. Hadn't thought of it, thanks.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Just a little anticipation builder for you, Slick...

[​IMG]

The only caveat about it is not being able to run it super loud and distorted...doesn't bother me, though...I use a pedal for that, and nobody would ever let me turn it up like that even if the speakers would take it.