1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

AMPEG SVT 4-Pro 810E Clean / dirty channel

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Trailight, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Trailight

Trailight

Oct 19, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Bass / Darkglass Electronics / Tsunami Cables
    I've looked and looked, maybe overlooked and didn't find an answer to my question.

I have an SVT 4-Pro and an 810E cab.
    I want to run 2 separate channels (from what I gather the 810E can do that) a clean one and a dirty one.
    Now, I am going through 7 pedals last of which is an MXR M80 bass DI.
    So my line consists of:
    Bass---Volume pedal---distortion---tremolo---envelope filter---flanger---delay---DI----Amp.

Now, I want (or wish to) have everything BEFORE the DI in a clean Channel, and the DI alone as the dirty channel (the M80 has a distortion blend to it), all through my SVT 4-Pro. Is this at all possible?
    I bought an A-B switcher, per someones suggestion but I can't seem to figure out how to wire the damned thing.

Anyone have any suggestions?? Is this even possible at all?

Thanks in advance!

2. worshiprocker

worshiprocker Tonepump Junkie

Aug 12, 2011
    Mesa, Arizona
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    you are going to need a 2nd head to do that.... the way I understand the SVT4 it has 2 power amp stages but only one input.

now i'm assuming you want to run both channels in parallel... if you are wanting to trigger between clean and dirty channels then you would use the looper/switcher but you wouldn't be utilizing the cab the way you want to..

I'm no expert but that is how I see it :)

3. worshiprocker

worshiprocker Tonepump Junkie

Aug 12, 2011
    Mesa, Arizona
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I may have spoke too soon

In the Mono Mode (switch depressed):
    •The Channel A line out jacks (#44,45) supply a “wet”
    mono preamp signal – any external effects are applied
    to this signal. The Effects Loop Left and Right returns
    are summed together, creating a mono effects signal.
    •The Channel B line out jacks (#40,41) supply a “dry”
    mono preamp signal – no external effects are applied
    to this signal.

To utilize that I would think running your "clean" channel into the effects loop and running your m80 in front of the amp would work..... the only problem being the m80 is always in the mix on both "channels"

4. Trailight

Trailight

Oct 19, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Bass / Darkglass Electronics / Tsunami Cables
    Thanks bro!
    Well, yes, this is exactly what I want to avoid...I want to keep the clean and dirty totally separate and not have the grit in the mix of the clean at all :rolleyes: I am almost accepting the fact that this is impossible.

I tried to do something with an effects loop...but that didn't work.:rollno: