Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT-4 Pro connection question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vivaknoxvegas, Oct 2, 2002.

1. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I have this head and will be getting a new cab (4ohm 6x10) that does not have a Speakon connection, only 1/4". So, I will not be able to use the mono-bridged option which I have been using.

There are two connections in the back POWER AMP A and POWER AMP B that have 1/4" outputs. What will be the next best way to connect my cab? Thanks

2. why cant you mono-bridge? you can get a Speakon to 1/4" cable. Just make sure its wired correctly.

3. vivaknoxvegas

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Oh, I didn't know you could get that. I thought it had to be Speakon to Speakon.

Where can a 3' (correctly wired) cable like that be purchased?

4. vivaknoxvegas

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Also, I've noticed when I run the amp in this mode it reallly, really hot. The green peak light comes on constantly while playing also but it still sounds fine and is not clipping or farting.

Is everything ok? Is the amp made to run that hot?

5. Any amp run in bridged mono mode will run hotter than in non-bridged modes. Whether the peak light is normal for your situation, I cannot say.

Greg