Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg Svt 4 pro or Kustom Groove amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BlackburstJBP, Oct 13, 2005.

1. I,m in the market for an amp .These amps are close in output wattage ratings.The Kustom is a lot less $$.What do you guys think? I,m new to all of this. :eyebrow:

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Neither? I don't especially like either. The 4-Pro sounds a bit better, but its not worth the extra $$ I don't think, and I think there are better options out there.

3. Can you give me a few options?

4. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    If you want to have a good tube tone, you can get 2 Traynor YBA 200s for the price of the 4-Pro. Or you could get an Eden head. Or a Fender Bassman Pro 300. Or a pre/power rig. Or a Yorkville 800 watt head. Lots of options out there, what sound do you want to hear? What kind of music do you play?

5. My band does alot of weddings,so our music ranges from rock to oldies,country and even polkas.I guess I need a good overall sound.I dont do alot of funk or jazz.

6. Carvin has the B1500 thats rated about the same.Price falls in between the kustom and the ampeg.Any good?

7. ricosuave2093

ricosuave2093

Jun 9, 2005
    Oregon
    I love my Kustom GB1200 and could hook you up with a guy that can get you a new one for 469.99 shipped! I use mine through a Avatar B410Pro 4ohm and I like the tone. A little heavy at 31lbs but I put mine in a 2 space SKB shallow rack and it's a cinch to hall around. Just PM me if you want more info. Now I just need something better to play into it.

8. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I really like how the groovebass sounds. It's really powerfuk too. There a dude in a local band around here who's pushing an SVT810 with one. It nearly blew my clothes off.

9. the Fender 300 PRO is quite a bit more expensive than the SVT4 PRO here in SA - 13k vs 8k!?