1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVT-4 pro owners please help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mindflow, Apr 20, 2006.

1. mindflow

mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    i am setting my gain and volume per instructions in the manual. now my limit light next to the master volume keeps flashing when i play harder, im not SLAMMING the strings, just accenting. i am playing through a 210 avatar neo and a 212 avatar LF Delta cab. i have tried it as a mono with the 210 running off of the 212. i have also tried running each cab in stereo mode one on each side. now i have tried turning down the master and using more compression seems to help but i dont think i should have to do any of this because im playing a passive jazz bass. i feel like for such a beefy amp and cabs i should be able to get a lot of volume with no problem. any ideas? im not using a speakon unless im running mono, could that be related? thank you for any help.

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I use my SVT4 Pro with the gain dimed and only get the preamp clip light. Anyhoo, I think the limiter lighting up is a good indicator that it is working.

3. tlwaps

tlwaps

Feb 13, 2006
    Ohio
    I agree. I use my 4PRO with an SVT810E cab; my gain and master volume are both at about half way and the lights usually flash a few times. You shouldn't have a problem unless the light is constantly lit.