1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ampeg svt-4 Pro Transformer wiring

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brogandutcher, Feb 15, 2016.

1. brogandutcher

brogandutcher Commercial User

Apr 26, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    I recently changed the transformer in my Ampeg svt4 Pro and I need to now what wires go where on the board interface. Im sketched out proceeding with little information because one wrong terminal could blow the amp obviously. does anyone have any information on where every plug goes onto the board?? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. The 4 schematics used to be up on Ampeg/LOUD's site Ampeg : Support. You could request it if it is not. I'll have to check through my cache later.

3. I found this posted on another forum, not sure how much it will help you.

Attached Files:

4. brogandutcher

brogandutcher Commercial User

Apr 26, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    thanks for the schematic. '

the problems is where do the the blue, blue and white, purple, brown and grey wires go?

Attached Files:

5. Sorry I have not been inside one since 2001/2002 so I can't help there. From the schematics is sounds as if you have an export power transformer?

6. Methinks you should have taken a few photo’s BEFORE you took the old transformer out! A tip for the future is to cut the wires off the old transformer and leave them soldered in place. after installing the new transformer you can terminate each wire in place of the cut wires one at a time.

7. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    The schematic that Jon posted (that he found on the internet) shows the wire connections for 120V, 240V, 230V, and 100V. You can see the color coding. Wires that aren't used, such as the blue-white, can be isolated and secured. Here is an additional schematic that has labels for the power connections. This is printed on the board.

Even if this makes it clearer, it would be a good idea to speak to hodgy at Loud customer service to confirm the connections.

Attached Files:

8. Troubleshooters

Troubleshooters

Mar 20, 2016
    Hello brogandutcher. If you still need to know how to connect your power transformer, this answer is for you. Black =J19; Brown = J20; White = J14; Violet/Purple = J22; Blue = J24; Blue and White = J16; Gray = J25. This connection will allow your amplifier to work on 120 VAC mains voltage. Best regards from Troubleshooters.

svtb15 likes this.