1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg svt 4 pro with orange obc410 ....think these will work well together?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TerenceE, Mar 11, 2017.

1. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    So one of the channels on my little Marshall mb150 died and it just ain't cutting it. New rig time I guess lol!

Looking at an
    Orange obc410 and an ampeg svt 4 pro. I can get both for about $1500 Canadian.

Wondering if this is a good deal and more importantly, if they will work well together. This is my first move away from a relatively simple combo rig. I play through a larger peavey and Hartke rigs at friends jam spaces that sound much better than my little combo. Kinda wondering if the 2 will work well together. I have a limited budget and want to get the most bng for my buck. Seems like a good price for the two units.

Any input would be appreciated!

2. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current or previous endorsements with: GK, DR Strings, Rotosound, EB, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies, Cleartone
    I see used Orange 410s for $600, and SVT4s between $400-550 around here in California.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I don't know about a good deal, but it should sound fine provided you like both head and cab. Not familiar with the Orange cab but the 4 Pro is a big favorite of mine. Wish I had one, but I think I have enough amps.

4. TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Nearest I can tell the svt 4 pro is between 750 and 1000 usd plus shipping. The cab is around 500-700 usd plus shipping. Minimum 1500 usd with shipping. I'm paying that local pickup in Canadian dollars which is about a 30% deal. 1500 usd isn't a good deal but Canadian pretty sure I could do worse.

More worried about the sound and if the amp (1200 watts) will work with the cab (600 watts)

5. TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Oh. And the head comes rack mounted to boit

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Doesn't have to run at 1200, but if you're smart about volume and know when to say when, it won't be a big deal.

7. LeftyD

LeftyD Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Las Vegas
    The 4 pro is a versatile amp. 2 separate power amps or can be combined into one. New ones put out 350 watts into 8 ohms, each power amp. The orange OBC410 handles 600 watts at 8 ohms. No problem there.