Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT 400T... Any users?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stewbone, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Anybody using this model Ampeg, and know why it's no longer in production? Also, anyone know about the class of power section or specifics on the pre?
    Any reason I shouldn't pick one of these up? Seems to sound pretty good, esp with my Crest power amp chained up to the line-out. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Stewbone.;)

2. I have one and it's my most favorite amp for passive basses. I like the secret boost (well.....my secret) buttons and the monstrous equalizer boost. I have had a problem with my SVT 400T shutting off all the time and I heard it was a thermo switch or something. However it's a great amp when it works. I play it through a Peavey 2/10 and a Crate 1/18 speaker cabinet which actually sounds incredible.

3. Huh. Like I said, I thought it sounded pretty good... I bet you could get that shutting-off problem fixed. There must be a local deity around who can do it- we have one here named Butch. You come to Rhode Island, walk into a music store and ask for "Butch". You'll find him in an hour. Bring a chicken...

Anyway, thanks for the word, and good one at that. Crate, huh?

Stewbone.
    :D