1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AMPEG SVT-400T....HELP?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by awolseb, Feb 25, 2008.

1. awolseb

awolseb

Feb 25, 2008
    Hey folks, i have an Ampeg SVT-400T but I need to know the best way to hook it up to a speaker cab. Should i bridge the two sides or use two separate speaker leads? I think I've been doing it wrong and overheating it.....

I guess the best thing would be if some kind soul could send me a manual. You'd be helping me immensely! It's making me go aaaaaargh! (and i don't mean it's making me do a pirate impression)

-seb

sjaquest@hotmail.com

2. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
  3. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Okay, if you have an 8 ohm speaker cab, then it says you need banana plug to run bridge mono. You plug the banana into each of the red binding posts leads, and press the bridge-mono in. That sucks.

If you are using two 8 ohm cabs, or two 4 ohm cabs, or one 4 ohm cab, then just use a regular 1/4" to 1/4" speaker cable from amp (each slave output) to cab, and leave the bridge mono button out.

4. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Naptime, let me know what's up and I'll get at this post a bit later.

5. awolseb

awolseb

Feb 25, 2008
    wow, that was quick....thank you so much!

I was using an Ampeg Classic 4X10 and a lead that bridged the bi-amp. I'm pretty certain i had the cab set to the right ohmage so guessed that somehow the lead was something to do with it. I had to give the 4X10 Cab back to it's owner and was about to go buy an Ashdown 2X10.

6. awolseb

awolseb

Feb 25, 2008
    Hmmm, i think i had one of these banana things. It definitely went into both red posts but perhaps i didn't press the bridge-mono in. I never really trusted the lead because it was knocked up by some guy in a workshop. I was hoping do get two 1/4" leads and run them into one cab because they just seem more solid.

7. awolseb

awolseb

Feb 25, 2008
    The lead i have looks more like a space ship. I tried bananas but they just made my tone a bit too mushy..... :D

8. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    if you are runnin a 210, run full range out of one side of the amp.