Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT-410 HLF question...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MascisMan, Nov 23, 2003.

1. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Hey guys I have a question about this Ampeg cab. Their website says the power handling is 400w RMS and 800w Program. Well I just got mine home and I look on the back and it says 250w RMS and 1000w Program. Whats the deal?

I checked the factory label on the back and it indeed says "SVT-410HLF". Anyone else here have this cab? What does yours say?

I know there was something about how some of the Ampeg SVT-410's came 400 watts and some 500 watts but 250 watts? Why does it say this? Is this incorrect on the back of my cab?

2. I just checked the back of my 410 HLF, and it says 500 watts RMS, 1000 Watts program.

Maybe they put the wrong info at the factory?

Rest assured, if you truely have the 410 HLF, it isn't 250 watts RMS!

3. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    yeah I know but it truly is frightening..maybe I should contact Ampeg? This might cause a problem if I have to resell ya know? So since it says 1000w program does that mean I have the 500w RMS version?

4. av_rockstar

av_rockstar

Oct 4, 2003
    So. Cali.
    Dunno for sure, but ur SVT should be the same rating as my BSE-HLF 400w normal and 800w peak @ 4ohms.....:meh: Thats kinda strange, let us know what u find out....

Jeff
    --------

5. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    yeah I just emailed the contact person (TWilson)from Ampeg's website. So we will see what he/see says. I will try and call them tomorrow as well. There is some 'splainin to do!

6. Yeah, it probably does. Why don't you email Ampeg right now, and they'll probably answer you first thing tomorrow. I emailed them once on a Saturday, and Sunday morning they replied. They seem to be pretty good about getting back to you.

It really sounds like a mixup, though. My cab has a metal plate with all the info, plus a sticker on the plate with barcode info on it. Both the plate, and the sticker have SVT 410 HLF printed on them.

7. oops!!

You beat me to it!! We were both typing at the same time. Let us know what they say.

8. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Right I checked the plate and the sticker and both of mine indeed say "SVT-410HLF".

This is wierd..I mean if the wattage was hand written on the sticker then it could just be a human mistake, but the fact that the wattage is actually printed on this back plate area raises an eyebrow.

9. cods

cods

Sep 16, 2003
    i have the 500 watt one.

10. Right, but don't forget that a human applied the sticker to the plate, then applied the plate to the cab!!

11. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Hey guys good news. I talked to the service center and they said there was a small batch that went out with the wrong info attached to it. So I have one of those. The correct power handling is 400/800 on these misprint cabs.

12. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    So now I just got an email from TWilson from Ampeg and he is saying it is the 500w RMS version and not the 400w version. So I emailed him back to verify that was correct.

13. That's cool.

Now you're free to blast away!!

14. 500 watts RMS, 1000 Watts program.
    watt does that mean, i plan on getting a ampeg cab and i wanna know how much watts i can put in to the, i under stand when a place says there cab is rated at 400 wats 4 ohms but not

500 watts RMS, 1000 Watts program.