Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT 410 HLN

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Barfly, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    My Ampeg is a SVT 410 HLN.
    Aren't most of them SVT 410 HLF's? The spec's seem to be the same as the Ampeg site states for the HLF.
    Is this a typo on the back label or is the HLN an actual model? I just purchased it at Xmas, brand new.
    It's rated at 500 RMS watts/1000 program watts@4ohms. Where as the HLF is 400 RMS watts/800 program watts@4ohms.

Ported cab, tilt back casters, same dimensions,etc.

Just wondering. Anyone?

2. I have a SVT 410HEN. The HL is the one with the ports and the HE is without. The 410HLF and 410HE are rated at 400/800 watts. Your 410HLN and my 410HEN are both rated at 500/1000 watts. Apparently, the N denotes a step-up model with more power handling. Cool, let's start a club. :)

3. LowRanger

LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
    I ordered an SVT-410HLF and was supplied the HLN too. If I remember right, even the shipping box said it was HLF. No problem, I can live with the power handling upgrade! LOVE this cab!

4. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    This cab does rock, eh?
    Beautiful thick sound with lots of balls.
    What do you guys set the horn at? I have mine at 9 o'clock for just a touch of high's.
    I'm pushing it through a Yorkville 400 Bassmaster with MIA P and MIMJ w/active EMG's.
    Effects:
    CE-2
    ODB-3
    OC-2

My style is Geezer Butler/Michael Anthony/Robert DeLeo and the tone of this baby gets me where I need to be.

5. LowRanger

LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
    Yes indeedy, this cab kicks!

I'm running a QSC-PLX3002 and SVP-BSP preamp, using a Dingwall Voodoo Zebra 5 (primarly). The Zebra has some sweet high-end, so I run the tweeter at about 5, and keep it at about 1/4 turn on the pre.

I also have the PR-410HLF cab, which is pretty sweet also, but I think the SVT cab is a little more balanced.

Sounds like you're feeding your cab with some pretty nice equipment!

6. Like I said earlier, my cab is the 410HEN, without the ports, but it rocks. The SVT cabs look the coolest, better than the PRO series cabs, and sound incredible. I push mine with an SVT-3PRO and since the HE* is an 8 ohm cab it's at 275 watts right now and it sounds pretty darn cool. I wonder if it can be modified with a series/parallel switch to switch impedences so I can push a full 450w into it.

7. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I was at Guitar Center this past weekend and was listening to the 6X10 HLF. Six tens, a horn tweeter and the front ports. It was deep and meaty, but you got that sweet sound from the tweeter. It was about a foot shorter than the 8X10 and sounded great. I went away thinking it's the best of everything in an Ampeg cab.

8. konjanik

konjanik

Mar 11, 2010
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Possibly the best cab to have around....with or without the PA! :)
    I was trying to find small and loud enough and this was the choice after few years of playing all sorts of cabs and clubs.
    Mine is driven by Randall RBA-500, SYB5, EBS micro bass ii, Copilot fx orbit, (Croatian) Cats Jazz bass with hipshot extender and it's a blast!
    From Hip-hop to D'n'B works like a Swiss clock dipped in chocolate.