Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Ampeg svt 410he" Vs "Ampeg bse 410hlf"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by danikill, May 18, 2004.

1. danikill

danikill

Apr 15, 2004
    What is better for playing only with one of this cabs? I have no problem whit my head power

2. danikill

danikill

Apr 15, 2004
    thanks for your opinion, but i'm in trouble becouse the svt have not a bass reflex but is a classic cabs (i think has more quality?)and the bse have bass reflex but is a cheaper product (maybe)

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    so, buy the classic series 410hlf and enjoy. :bassist:

4. Word.

don't get a BSE. They're not worth the blood sweat and tears.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I dont like either alone too much but together they're amazing.

If you are playing a 4 string Id go with the 410HE though. It doesnt sound good with really low notes to me. Thats my only complaint.

Peace
    Nick

6. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Funny thing, i just A/Bed these two cabs last night at the local GC. started off with the HE. i turned it on played it through several ampeg amps. this cab is tuned much higher than the HLF. i couldnt get any smooth, deep bass from a 5 or 6 string with it. i flipped the switch to the HLF and i was immediately impressed. The HLF was deeper and more mellow...just what i was looking for. i then A/Bed the HLF against an SWR Goliath III. the Ampeg sounded much cleaner and more distinct to me, though Goliath was impressive. i know i am going to have hard time choosing a new cabinet in a few months. :cool: