"Ampeg svt 410he" Vs "Ampeg bse 410hlf"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by danikill, May 18, 2004.

1. danikill

Apr 15, 2004
    What is better for playing only with one of this cabs? I have no problem whit my head power
  2. danikill

Apr 15, 2004
    thanks for your opinion, but i'm in trouble becouse the svt have not a bass reflex but is a classic cabs (i think has more quality?)and the bse have bass reflex but is a cheaper product (maybe)
  3. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    so, buy the classic series 410hlf and enjoy. :bassist:
  4. Word.

don't get a BSE. They're not worth the blood sweat and tears.
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I dont like either alone too much but together they're amazing.

If you are playing a 4 string Id go with the 410HE though. It doesnt sound good with really low notes to me. Thats my only complaint.

6. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Funny thing, i just A/Bed these two cabs last night at the local GC. started off with the HE. i turned it on played it through several ampeg amps. this cab is tuned much higher than the HLF. i couldnt get any smooth, deep bass from a 5 or 6 string with it. i flipped the switch to the HLF and i was immediately impressed. The HLF was deeper and more mellow...just what i was looking for. i then A/Bed the HLF against an SWR Goliath III. the Ampeg sounded much cleaner and more distinct to me, though Goliath was impressive. i know i am going to have hard time choosing a new cabinet in a few months. :cool: