1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT-410HLF question...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve Harris Is, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Steve Harris Is

Steve Harris Is

Jul 4, 2005
    Being newer to the game here, and not fully understanding all the particulars of sound/amps, etc, can someone tell me what the "level control" on the back of this amp really does?

It goes from "0" to a number of 16 then an infinity sign. Where should I have it set for a band playing hard-ish rock in an average size club? Anything else I should know?

2. Boldey

Boldey

May 29, 2006
    Groningen, NL
    Sounds like the level for the tweeter. You can use it as you like... I have it turned off since I like a round basstone. It can help you cutting through the mix better though...

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    It's the control for the mid driver. I leave mine off as it doesn't agree in the slightest with overdrive.

4. Steve Harris Is

Steve Harris Is

Jul 4, 2005
    Cool thanks guys. Going to keep it set low and play around if need be but I'll tell ya this amp sounds pretty freaking amazing...

5. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Note it's in -dB, so -0 is fully on and -infinity is off.

6. It's the High Freq. driver level control- fully left-counter-clockwise is OFF, fully right-clockwise-is ON full!
    I usually have it on less than a 1/4 or off for rock sometimes turn it up if me strings R old! lol!!!!!! Great box-I agree!
    Rod

7. Steve Harris Is

Steve Harris Is

Jul 4, 2005
    Cool thanks! Good to know it's "opposite" setting wise...

8. Well it's NOT really opposite- in that all the way left-counterclockwise is off & all the way turned right or clockwise is ON FULL!

9. Steve Harris Is

Steve Harris Is

Jul 4, 2005
    Right, I gotcha...

10. cool!- good luck with it- she's a GREAT cab IMHO!!!