1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT-410HLF speaker replacement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mattmule, Dec 11, 2006.

1. mattmule

mattmule

Dec 11, 2006
    Hey everybody! I just purchased an Ampeg SVT-410HLF cab used and one of the speakers sounds like it is toast. I was curious if you had any suggestions for a decent replacement that still affords me the tight (not "flubby thunder") low end the other speakers provide now. Of course there is always the "direct from Ampeg" replacement but I was curious if there was anything else I should look at. It would be rated at 4 ohms and the cab takes 500 watts. Thanks!

2. mattmule

mattmule

Dec 11, 2006
    bump

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Get the Ampeg driver or replace all four is the message you're [not] hearing. Mixing different drivers is never a good idea.

4. mattmule

mattmule

Dec 11, 2006
    thanks...yeah I didn't know since you can mix speakers in guitar cabs with great results, not that it's the same thing but I figured I'd ask. I also didn't know if anyone has found better drivers that work in those 410HLF cabs...

5. tried a search??? I'm sure they're eminence or summink

6. mattmule

mattmule

Dec 11, 2006
    yeah and couldn't find anything. rep from guitar center couldn't either. typically they're custom from ampeg and since Mackie, Crate, and Ampeg are all owned by the same company now (LOUD), the customer support isn't that great and I couldn't get through. I think I found a SKU # from a site in the UK but it doesn't really help me. It's cool, I was mostly just interested to see if anybody has found better drivers for those cabs, but I guess not.