Ampeg SVT-410HLF

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by count_funkula, Mar 26, 2001.

1. A friend of mine just offered to sell me his brand new Ampeg SVT-410HLF for $600. He plays in an alternative Christian band and wants to get an 8x10 cab.

Is $600 a fair price for this cab used? I could sell my Eden WT-300 and match the cab with an Ampeg SVT-350H head. That should be plenty of power and headroom for a large church sanctuary. Any comments on these items?
  2. I own an Ampeg SVT-410HLF and I bought it new for $629 so, if you want one that bad why not just go buy one from Guitar Center.
  3. LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
    I got mine over the internet from Musician's Friend for 599 and free shipping. I still can't believe that they ate the shipping on that bad boy!

I LOVE this cab. YMMV, but it seems like a good deal to me!
  4. I'd offer him $400, +/- $50 depending on condition.

When buying 2nd hand i've been told to play it at medium volume and listen to each speaker up close (ie stick your ear in front of them) and check if any of them are blown (farting / buzzing).
  5. It's a great cabinet, but he's asking way too much. I bought mine new for $490 on a clearance from Sam Ash. Shop around, you can do better, or, offer him a lower price, $400-$450. Explain to him why you're offering him less so that he doesn't think you're trying to rip him off. If he agrees, then go for it. You'll love the cabinet.
  6. What type of head are you guys using with this cab? I have have a chance to get a Classic SVT-350H pretty cheap. I have not played through one but if I get it I have to do it now. How do they sound?
  7. I've got two heads that I use. One is a Peavey Firebass 700 II. The other is an older SVT-III, the forerunner to the current SVT-3Pro. Both work quite well. The Firebass is my backup head for most gigs and my primary head for outdoor work, used with three cabinets to get the amp up to the 700W rating.

I've not used an SVT-350 for gigs, but I've played them in stores, and they sounded pretty good. I hear from others that they are quite good.