Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT-450H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KeithBMI, Mar 7, 2006.

1. I have heard about it, but I've yet to read anything on it.

So... it came out this year to replace the inferior SVT-350H. I've heard that the 350 was too quite and just a bad move on Ampeg's part.

I might buy that 450H but the lack of reviews or insight makes it hard to decide. Is it true "450 watt volume" or is it still quite?

Does anyone have one? Can you tell me anything about it?

2. Whitmore

Whitmore

Aug 13, 2005
    I do and i love it. It seems to go well with my 610hlf and i like the tone. So all in all i like it and it seems to be plenty loud

3. Thanks. :smug:

Anyone else?

4. OneArmedScissor

OneArmedScissor

Feb 23, 2006
    I've got it. It's got a great tone for not having any tubes in it. Typical Ampeg sound. I use it with an SVT210 and SVT115 and I would prefer if it had a bit more headroom. I think it's just my cabs that make it a tad quiet. Mind you it can still be heard over 2 guitars and a loud drummer. I do have my mids boosted though so that helps. At practice I have the gain at around 7 mainly and the master around 6 and theres only very very slight distortion on the higher register but I think that's only because there are 2 10s and they're strugling.

I might get an SVT610 or 810 to replace my cabs because I would like a bit less bass (I play in drop C and the 15 is really boomy) and a bit more volume.

Overall, it's a great head for the price, but I think the volume depends on the cabs. You can definately cut through at practice and at small to medium gigs.