1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Svt-4pro EQ

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LizardKing, Jun 28, 2007.

1. LizardKing

LizardKing

Jan 15, 2006
    I just wanted to see if anybody had any good eq setting for the ampeg svt-4pro that they can share with me. I'm more into the funk style, lots of slapping and popping. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks alot...

2. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    My 2 cents:

Relatively "flat" (maybe a click or two right of center here or there), with both the ultra hi and ultra low boosts off, and the 5-position mid-tone control switch set to "2". Run it in mono-bridge mode into a 4 ohm cab...

3. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I would never suggest cutting the mids a little, but for slapping and popping a "smiely-face" EQ can work. With that amp set everything flat, press the ultra hi and play with the graphic eq. Then check if the ultra lo button is to your liking.

Or just go crazy and spend 1 hour just fiddling with the EQ and writing the settings u like.

4. bass.player

bass.player

May 30, 2006
    Belgium
    The SVT4 pro is not the easiest amp to dial an instant good tone out of so take your time to learn the controls and she will reward you with a great sound!

5. dBean

dBean

May 23, 2005
    Waterford,ON
    I'm a fingerstyle player and I run mine pretty much flat on gigs with the Master Vol at about 80% and adjust my output with the Gain control...

When I've messed around with slap tone I prefered the PreAmp EQ fairly flat with some smiley face mid cut on the Graphic EQ and all Filter buttons off...

6. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    The owners manual (available on the Ampeg Web Site) has a few suggested settings that you might start with.

7. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    2 major things to keep in mind. Check the EQ from far away and not next to your cab. Also do it at the volume you will be playing at. As you increast volume we hear things differently and the speaker respond differently.

As for me, I keep her flat, and sometimes cut the treble a little for rock tone. I would say put the midattenuation knob at 4 and cut it a little. Or hit the ultra high and hultra low. This might be too much but it might not be bad either. Also, keep in mind that you can use the grafic EQ like another channel with a footswitch . I use it as a volume boost/mid boost for when I have a 1 measure part that needs to stick out, and then I go back to my normal volume and tone.

Jonathan

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021