Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg SVT-4PRO like freakin' new!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by swamprock76, Oct 26, 2005.

1. swamprock76

swamprock76

Feb 15, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    What's up people? Seriously, how much do you guys think a just-about-brand-new Ampeg head should cost? I see over 100 people looked at this ad but nobody has even asked a question. Do you think $850 is too much? It's in REALLY great shape! Thanks!

+++++++++ ORIGINAL AD +++++++++++
    I am the original owner and here are the details...

It's a year and a half old ($1300 at the time) and I've only used it around 10 times. There are no problems at all and only a couple very small scratches (my camera barely picks them up!) - this is in basically perfect condition!!! Hoping to get $850 for it.

I aslo have a SKB rack and Furman power conditioner/light strip. I would sell everything for $950 (plus any shipping).

I still have the original box it came in and the manual!

Please contact (PM) me with any questions!

Thanks!
    Eric

Attached Files:

2. swamprock76

swamprock76

Feb 15, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Okay, so it's me posting a reply to my own ad - I don't care! Come on people, this is a steal!!! Someone come steal it!!!!

Take care,
    -E.

3. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    To answer your question, I think more and more people are going away from these heads. They are heavy, seem weak in the power department, and not very Hi-FI. I had trouble selling mine for $675.00. Maybe lower your price a little. Sometimes you can get a good deal on one brand new for just over a thousand.

4. Check the completed ebay sales for the same head. It gives you a feal for what people will pay. Most used stuff goes for 50-60% of new. Unless it is really something popular.

5. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    I recently sold my BRAND NEW 4 pro for $750 shipped. I lost some serious money on the deal but that's the highest anyone would go. Good luck!

Andrew

6. are you intrested in a trade?

7. swamprock76

swamprock76

Feb 15, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks for the feedback and inquiries.
    This puppy's been sold!!!