1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg SVT-4PRO like freakin' new!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by swamprock76, Oct 26, 2005.

1. swamprock76

swamprock76

Feb 15, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    What's up people? Seriously, how much do you guys think a just-about-brand-new Ampeg head should cost? I see over 100 people looked at this ad but nobody has even asked a question. Do you think $850 is too much? It's in REALLY great shape! Thanks!

+++++++++ ORIGINAL AD +++++++++++
    I am the original owner and here are the details...

It's a year and a half old ($1300 at the time) and I've only used it around 10 times. There are no problems at all and only a couple very small scratches (my camera barely picks them up!) - this is in basically perfect condition!!! Hoping to get $850 for it.

I aslo have a SKB rack and Furman power conditioner/light strip. I would sell everything for $950 (plus any shipping).

I still have the original box it came in and the manual!

Please contact (PM) me with any questions!

Thanks!
    Eric

Attached Files:

2. swamprock76

swamprock76

Feb 15, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Okay, so it's me posting a reply to my own ad - I don't care! Come on people, this is a steal!!! Someone come steal it!!!!

Take care,
    -E.

3. seansbrew

seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    To answer your question, I think more and more people are going away from these heads. They are heavy, seem weak in the power department, and not very Hi-FI. I had trouble selling mine for $675.00. Maybe lower your price a little. Sometimes you can get a good deal on one brand new for just over a thousand.

4. Check the completed ebay sales for the same head. It gives you a feal for what people will pay. Most used stuff goes for 50-60% of new. Unless it is really something popular.

5. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    I recently sold my BRAND NEW 4 pro for $750 shipped. I lost some serious money on the deal but that's the highest anyone would go. Good luck!

Andrew

6. are you intrested in a trade?

7. swamprock76

swamprock76

Feb 15, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks for the feedback and inquiries.
    This puppy's been sold!!!