Ampeg SVT 4Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TJmccreedy2183, Mar 5, 2006.

1. TJmccreedy2183

Mar 2, 2006
    Hey guys i'm new to this forum so i just want to say hi first off. and I also got an Ampeg and just wanted to know your feedback on it, how many people have an SVT 4pro, if you guys like it, what you guys thought? stuff like that. I've been pleased with my amp it's still farely new i've only had it for about 5 months so i just wanted to know about any setups or anything at all actually. Thanks:help: :hyper: :bassist:
  2. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    I’ve had mine like two years now. It’s the best amp I ever had but keep the air vents clear this amp can get hot. I use it in the bridged mode with two Mesa cabs 2x10 and a 1x15 sounds great.
  3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Mine drives my effects channel. SVT4Pro > SWR GIII+Avatar 115. I like the myriad connection options and the EQ. I do feel that the range of adjustments for the EQ is very narrow (similar to the SVT). This is probably why Ampegs seem to have just one tone.
  4. mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    San Diego
    i just got one about a month ago and so far i am sold on it. there are a lot of things for me to learn about it though. i am coming from a GK 400 so this amp has some growing room for me. i had the B4R and took it back, i like this one much better. before this i also tried out an Eden wt500 which was cool but didnt have enough power or punch for me.
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I have had mine for about 4 years now, and have put a lot of hard miles on it. It has ran mono bridged most of its life, and has performed flawlessly for me, night after night. I am looking to move away from it now, but not because I haven't been completely happy with the amp--it's just time for a change.
  6. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    My SVT did its job for a good four years and never let me down. With enough tweaking you can get a pretty good sound out of this thing. I think the power rating is a bit...well, underated. But never the less, it was a good buy and I have not regrets.
    I parted ways with mine a few months ago. I also felt it was time for a change. I went with an Eden Navigator and QSC PLX 1602. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME.:bassist:
  7. Had mine for 3 years, and wouldn't trade it for anything right now. Running it into a BXT210 and BXT115. :D
  8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I have a SVT 5 Pro headed my way. I hope it's real nice as well. I got a hell of a deal on it, so even if I don't like it, I doubt I'll lose a nickle. Any of your tried a 5 Pro?
  9. Yes, and in all honesty, I wasn't impressed. In fact, I took it back and got the SVT-4 instead.

The OD channel wasn't my cup of tea and completely stopped working within 4 hours, the Octave was not very solid below an A, and the preamp just wasn't tasty.

All in all, it's only my opinion, but I'd send it away.
  10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Thanks for the opinion T. I want em all, good and bad! :eek: :D
  11. I liked the SVT 4 Pro amp so much that I bought two of them. The 4 Pro compliments my Roscoe Beck 5 bass. Before I began to use this amp I searched high and low trying to find a cure for more power and a certain sound for my RB5 via preamps both on and outboard. There are so many things available that could bandage that problem that it made my head spin, but the Ampeg Svt 4 Pro pretty much saved the day and the bass. Now I am really impressed with the sound, power and tone.

I use an Ampeg 410 Pro cabinet or a set of Warwick bass cabinets (Warwick 411 Pro / Warwick 115 Pro) for speakers with my 4 Pros and I am real satisfied with the results.

However, many other companies make excellent amps and excellent gear and I got to have great respect for them but right now I rely on my Ampeg SVT 4 Pros.