Ampeg SVT-5 Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spanky, May 23, 2004.

1. I just grabbed the last remaining one in Denver. Apparently its a closeout for Ampeg? Its an 1800$ amp and I got it for 800. Plus they let me return my B2R for retail credit towardds the 5 Pro. Ive been wanting a 4, I like the EQ channel much more than the Overdrive channel of the 5...but for the oney I couldnt pass it up, at least I have the power I need now.
    Anyone else have the 5? And whats the general opinion?
  2. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    The 5PRO is still in production. I have no idea why Denver is short of them......

I checked the production schedule and there are factory orders in for 5PRO units.
  3. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I just found a 4 and a 5 pro going for 971 and 1050 each...the prices were slashed in the last couple of days at a local shop. Now considering getting one.
  4. Yep. Guitar Center maybe d/c-ing them from their line? It was the Arvada CO store and the guitar dept. Mngr told me that it wasnt keeping up with the 4 in sales so it was being discontinued. I probably misunderstood that to mean a halt in production. SO any opinions on the 5? ALso...does this unit use the same tube configuration as the 4? Of course I didnt get a manual (they couldnt find it...) but I did get the 2003 product reference guide and it doesnt mention tubes at all in the 5.
  5. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    The Englewood (park medows) Colorado store has one for the same price on clearance.
  6. Did they mention why GC is clearing them?