Ampeg SVT-5 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassment80, May 15, 2012.

1. Higher than $850

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. $850

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. $750

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $650

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. $550

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Lower than $550

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bassment80

Bassment80

Sep 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Hey Guys, I'm trying to make some room and dump some gear but I can't decide how to price my rack.

I'm well aware this is not where you post classified ads and that being said, this is not intended to be an ad. This gear has more value to me because I am the original owner. I need help in determining a fair price for both parties. Any and all feedback is welcome! (I'm looking to price this as the entire rack, not just the head)

I have an Ampeg SVT-5 PRO head in a Road Ready rack case with a Furman RP-8L power conditioner, BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer and a Korg DTR-1000 rack tuner. The head was a spin-off of the SVT-4. The SVT-5 doesn't have the 8 band EQ, only a low, mid and high but it has a second channel build in for overdrive that also has it's own low, mid high EQ. I have it set up so each channel runs seperately through the BBE. Other than that it has all the same specs as the SVT-4. Tube pre-amp and 1000w output. The overdrive channel hasn't worked right for a few years but I never used the overdrive much so I never fixed it, head works fine without it.

Again, thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    What did the 5 Pro go for originally? It was here and gone so quickly I know zip about it.

3. I used a 5Pro for a couple of years and sold mine for $600....I would say in this economy that $550 would be about tops and that's if it's in really nice condition. :bawl:

If memory serves, they only built the 5 for about 18 months....and new, sold for about a grand.

4. Bassment80

Bassment80

Sep 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Correct, it was listed at the same price as the SVT-4 so about a grand.
    Thanks for your input guys.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 26, 2021