Ampeg SVT 6 Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowmid1, Jan 18, 2005.

1. lowmid1

Aug 16, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Anyone got any info? It is in the new Ampeg brochure.
  2. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    There isn't even any info on the site...Whats in the catalog?
  3. mikeyvr6

mikeyvr6 Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    SVT6PRO .......................................................MSRP 1,699
    Multi-tube preamp/Tube-driven MOSFET power amp, 2-space rackmount head, 1000 watts RMS @ 4 ohms, 15dB pad switch, Bass, Treble, 4-band Semiparametric EQ, Ultra Low, Ultra High, Tube Voltage Control, Input Compression, Tuner out, Mute, Tranformer balanced Line out with Level, Neutrik Speakon and 1/4” outputs, preamp out/power amp in, effects loop.

Interesting. No pics though. :( A few more changes and new products slated for this year. Check it out here.
  4. lowmid1

Aug 16, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    It looks like it is a mono head, 750 watts @ 8 ohms and 1000 watts @ 4 ohms. No graphic eq, 2 rack spaces and 41 lbs. which is one pound lighter than the 4 pro.
  5. Looks like a good upgrade for the SVT-3 Pro... If you don't need the graphic eq of course. I'm curious.
  6. Waabs

Waabs Employee, Musical Instrument Retail

Aug 1, 2004
    Some of the other new products seem interesting. It looks like they have a 1000W solid state amp with the SVPCL (that's what I'd speculate that it is anyway). Also looks like a new 8x10 and a few new effects pedals.
  7. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    That's not the SVPCL pre amp. altough coupling one with a 1000 watt power amp would be real nice. SVT7pro? :D
  8. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    I'm not going to get ahead of the game here.....but the 6PRO will be at NAMM in a couple days. :D

I don't have the actual intro date, but showing at NAMM normally means it has to be orderable soon, as in two or three months.
  9. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    who wants to take pics at NAMM?
  10. Waabs

Waabs Employee, Musical Instrument Retail

Aug 1, 2004
    Yeah you're right. The SVPCL doesn't have a graphic EQ. Maybe it's a version with one? It just seems to make sense that you would put the SVPCL in something that is listed under "Classic Series Bass Heads".
  11. Those pedals look pretty cool.

Did Ampeg just come out with some guitar amps? Reverberorocket, Jet, Super Jet, Super Rocket? Or are those bass amps?
  12. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    There are vintage Ampeg guitar amps with those names.

And newer ones also.

The guitar amps in the newer "Diamond Blue" series have been out for years, most of them. They do get updated from time to time, though.
  13. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I wonder how that octave pedal is going to turn out?