1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg SVT 610 HLF for sale locally $475

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WaynerBass, Feb 27, 2016.

1. WaynerBass

WaynerBass Banned SUSPENDED

Jan 12, 2016
    Southwest Florida
    Ampeg SVT 610 HLF for sale locally $475

Currently I was going to pull the trigger today on the lighter fender Rumble 500 V3 setup. But I found this SVT610HLF locally for $475. That would leave me about $500 for a head.. Maybe a Bugera Veyron or fender 500 head?

I'm at a freeze point now..wanted new Fender stuff but the this cab comes into my path ... Ugh

Thing is, I didn't like the svt810 cab too much.. I think it's sealed if I remember..

But the 610 is ported..so it should go low for my 5 string...

What to do.. What would you do..?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The 610hlf sounds closer to the 810e than the 410hlf.

jdubbass38 and WaynerBass like this.
  3. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Try it out...?

4. WaynerBass

Jan 12, 2016
    Southwest Florida
    Haven't tried it out yet, will later today

5. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    With everyone ordering over the internet, people forget how nothing beats your own ears, especially when buying used.

WaynerBass likes this.
  6. WaynerBass

Jan 12, 2016
    Southwest Florida
    I want to buy the fender 500 Rumble head + 410 cab. I called GC all they have are 200 watt combos.. They tell me they can order it for me... I can order it for me too lol.

shawshank72 likes this.
  7. jdubbass38

jdubbass38

Mar 20, 2009
    The ampeg 610 hlf is a great sounding cabinet, I been using this cab for couple years now. I normally run a v4b with it but I have also used the fender bassman 500 with the 610 hlf and it sounds really good as well! $475 seems right on target for this cab, it retails for $999 new.

8. The Regulator

The Regulator

Aug 10, 2005
    Makes sure it's one of the newer Asian 610 HLF's which are 25 lbs lighter and don't have excessive bottom end.